The North Carolina Order of Confederate Rose was established in 1993 for the sole purpose of assisting the North Carolina Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans with their historical, educational, benevolent and social functions. Special emphasis is placed on the preservation of Confederate symbols. As there are few rules and restrictions to stifle the creativity of its members, North Carolina chapters are free to focus on the activities important to its members and local SCV Camps along with supporting their efforts on the state and national levels.
We must react to this crisis and future attacks with intelligence by not letting our feelings get in the way by not demonstrating the character of Southern gentleman or lady as our ancestors. If you are contacted by media, do not talk to them, many of them use you and twist your words to promote their agenda. Please send them to me and I will forward to the division.
Also be mindful that what you post on the internet via Social Media it is there forever. So like my Grandmother use to say if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all. That includes typing it out.
- September 17, 2016 – Laura Wesson Chapter 5, Ridin in Rememberence, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 18, 2016 – Law Enforcement Appreciation Day – General Order 2016-01 – Delivered by Commander in Chief Thomas V. Strain.
- August 18, 2016 – Old Soldiers Parade – Newton, NC
- The Soldiers Reunion celebration in Newton is believed to be the longest-running patriotic celebration in the United States not based on a holiday. The tradition began in Newton on July 4, 1889, when Civil War veterans answered a statewide call for recognition of their wartime efforts and to receive their pensions. The gathering in Newton led to annual reunions, starting the popular patriotic Soldiers Reunion. Today, the celebration offers a variety of family-friendly activities and events for veterans and the community to enjoy, many of which are centered around the iconic 1924 Courthouse Square.
- They are talking about removing this event because of the Battle Flag a good Showing would be appreciated so we can save this Event…..
- August 24-28, 2016- 2 Dogs SCV/MC – Maggie Valley, NC
- September 17 and 18 – Lincolnton Apple Festival – Lincolnton NC – Hoke Camp 1616 and Hoke Roses Chapter 35